Mashable is looking for a talented Creative Strategy Lead to join the MASHABLE BRAND X team. This branded content team creates multi-media storytelling that helps our client partners engage with Mashable Superfans both onsite and through distributed platforms. Mashable works with some of the top brands in the world to develop creative custom content campaigns, including: Google, Nixon, Netflix, Hilton Doubletree, Capital One, Wheat Thins, Ford, Samsung, and Kia. This role will manage a strategy team in Los Angeles.
The Creative Strategy Lead will be in a client-facing role working closely with Sales and Integrated Marketing teams to conceptualize and pitch branded content campaigns as well as execute sold programs. He/she will be involved in branded campaigns from the pre-sales ideation process, including brainstorms and developing concepts, all the way through post-sale executions and measuring performance.
- Brainstorm creative and compelling content strategies for client partners interested in branded content programs with Mashable
- Manage team of strategists in the LA offices
- Experience developing high-level, multi-platform, strategic campaigns, and not just tactics
- Deep understanding of the difference between an idea and a tactic
- Experience concepting, planning and executing content platforms, video campaigns, as well as text series
- Work closely with Integrated Marketing, Account Management teams to develop pitch decks for partnerships
- Write detailed pitches illustrating brainstormed concepts to be included in pitch decks
- Participate in pitch calls and meetings to win new business
- Navigate client and agency relationships
- Work with producers to execute content programs on deadline
- Manage content campaigns, including assigning articles to writers and managing timelines
- Identify new freelance resources as needed
- Grow Mashable’s reputation as a creative, innovative and effective partner for branded content
- Work with the Director, Content Strategy to analyze performance metrics of branded content to understand ROI of efforts and identify opportunities for growth
- Collaborate with audience dev team to optimize performance and drive distribution and content consumption across channels
- Stay on top of industry trends, including branded campaigns through other publishers
- Communicate team and company priorities to team members and cross-department
- 5+ years editorial, branded content, and creative and/or media agency experience
- Proactive problem-solver
- Experience working with brands and creating branded programs, especially multimedia and creative technology initiatives
- Experience in a client-facing role
- A creative approach to all work
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with quick deadlines
- A hard worker with the commitment to perform tasks on deadline
- Attention to detail and a high level of organizational skills
- Strong familiarity with WordPress (HTML) and social media tools like Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, LinkedIn, etc.
- Vast knowledge of tech, culture, entertainment, business and social media trends and ability to write across them
Mashable is a media and entertainment company for superfans. We're not for the casually curious. Our proprietary Velocity technology suite gives us the unique ability to combine creativity with data. Our entertainment series and editorial coverage are smart, clever, ambitious, in-depth and first. We devour culture and tech. Our ideas shape the future and we speak to new influencers -- the early adopters who obsess with us around the globe. We deliver nearly 2 billion content views a month, with more than 70 million monthly unique visitors across platforms.